Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tiyoy's Tales: DINOY AND MARIS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED!

Before the second world war, Papa and Mama lived a good life. They had Nene and Nening, a profitable drugstore business and produce from Mama's vast land holdings. They owned the best house in Passi that time. When the Japs came, they made that house their headquarters. Nene (9 yrs old, Nening only 2 yrs old) was a favorite of Jap Officers, teaching her Niponggo. (Up to now, she knows how to sing the Jap Nat'l Anthem. They owned expensive silver cutlery (Rogers brand) and fine china dishes. There was a well under our house and they hid these expensive tablewares underwater, in that well. After the war, they recovered these ( I must be over 5 yrs old, because i remember all these). I helped in the recovery, removing water from the well manually (no water pump) and painstakingly cleaning the table wares using ashes from our DAPOG (earthen kitchen). Why this trivia? I wish for the brgy members to know how your ancestors led the good life, lost that good life just when it was our turn to make a living and enjoy life now through our own efforts, armed with what we acquired genetically from our ancestors. I CALL THIS GULONG NG PALAD! Mabuhay ang Barangay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.